Tuesday 28 October 2008

Wherever I lay my hat - that's in Rome


So sorry not to have updated for some time - but I decided to get off the merry-go-round in the UK for a while and have headed to Rome to study Italian for a month. It all happened one evening after a couple of glasses of red wine and a bit of fantasy google-searching for dream homes, dream escapes, dream jobs - you know, the usual unobtainable! After putting in random words like, hats, Italy, language, gardens, art, jobs - up popped a language school in Rome that was offering free lessons in Italiano, to someone who was prepared to work in the garden for a couple of hours a day. Well it seemed like such a co-incidence to actually find SOMETHING that I sent off an e-mail . The weeks went my and I forgot about it, until I received a phone-call asking me if I was able to start on Oct 10th and stay for a month. I thought about it briefly and said..."well ok then...why not." And now...I am here! This is the view from my bedroom window...Camera Con Vista!......(it's evening by the way!)

No comments: